New Flophouse Address:

You will find all the posts, comments, and reading lists (old and some new ones I just published) here:
https://francoamericanflophouse.wordpress.com/

Friday, February 14, 2014

Montréal - Arrival


"Qu'il est doux, qu'il est doux d'écouter des histoires,
Des histoires du temps passé,
Quand les branches d'arbres sont noires,
Quand la neige est épaisse et charge un sol glacé !"

Alfred de Vigny

I'm always amazed at how these days you can wake up in the morning in one world and then fall into bed in another. Versailles to Montréal in a few short hours.  

This morning I got up at an ungodly hour to catch Nature adding another layer of white to the layers I slogged through yesterday to get the Frenchling's apartment.  Here are some pictures I took this morning of the view outside the apartment at 6 AM.



7 comments:

Blaze said...

Thinking back to my year in Montreal, that is a small amount of snow for there in February.

Is there more on the way?

Bienvenue cau Canada.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Blaze said...

Oops. That should have been au not cau. Sorry for the typo.

P. Moore said...

Glad you landed in Montreal. I commented last week when you mentioned this trip that at this time of year, Canadians talk a lot about the weather. So, your 1st blog offering upon arriving in Montreal is about what? The weather. I think we need to claim you as a Canadian after all and not simply a 'US Person living in France'. Enjoy your trip.

Michael Putman said...

Wish I could be there. Hopefully in April I can visit la belle province again...

Anonymous said...

welcome to Montreal, enjoy the time with your daughters. Milka and Amora mustard are available at March PA on du Parc south of Laurier.

Unknown said...

I didn't realize until now, your last day in Montreal, that you were going to be here! Hope you've had a great time and maybe we can meet the next time you're over here. I'm just two hours away in Ottawa so could easily make the trip (or maybe you could come visit the IBS gang here).

Take care,

Deckard1138

Victoria FERAUGE said...

And I had a wonderful time, folks. Let the blog slide for a few days and concentrated on spoiling the Frenchlings rotten. (Hey, I am sucker when it comes to books. I will to to as many bookstores as they like and they can get anything they want. I'm just thrilled that I have kids who like to read.)

Thanks for the tip, anonymous about the Milka. I will let the girls know.

And a very Happy Valentine's to you as well, Lynne.

Deckard, I may be headed back in April. The girls were suggesting just that. Did it have something to do with having mom around to cook, do dishes and take them shopping? :-)