New Flophouse Address:

You will find all the posts, comments, and reading lists (old and some new ones I just published) here:
https://francoamericanflophouse.wordpress.com/

Friday, December 31, 2010

Choosing a place

My eldest Frenchling is in her last year of high school here in France. She has passed the first part of her baccalaureate and will pass her final exams at the end of this school year.
For the next step, she is much better equipped then I was at her age. When I was 17 I spoke one language and had never been outside of my home country. My daughter has lived in three countries, is bi-lingual and has two passports. France or the United States are within easy reach. In addition she has family and friends in both countries that will help whatever she chooses to do.

But that is indeed the conundrum because this time around she will have to choose for herself.

Will she stay in France? Move to the United States? Or will she find a Third Place?

A suivre….

No comments: