New Flophouse Address:

You will find all the posts, comments, and reading lists (old and some new ones I just published) here:
https://francoamericanflophouse.wordpress.com/

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Flophouse in Morocco - Departure

Just before I left Casablanca I had a very interesting conversation with one of my classmates at EHTC who has been following this blog.  He seemed to be concerned that I was only seeing the positive and that I was missing the larger picture.  He is absolutely right.  One week is not nearly enough to acquire a true understanding of the people, the culture and the country.  

However, I came disposed to like Morocco and I was not disappointed.  Not once.

I also find it terribly ironic (after being warned repeatedly about Moroccan cab drivers) that the first thing that happened to me when I returned to France last night was to get a taxi driver who "got lost" on the way to Versailles.  He actually tried to charge me 100 Euros for a trip from Roissy. :-)

No comments: