New Flophouse Address:

You will find all the posts, comments, and reading lists (old and some new ones I just published) here:
https://francoamericanflophouse.wordpress.com/

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Signs of Spring

"And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife
And you may ask yourself
Well...How did I get here?"

Talking Heads "Once in a Lifetime"

And the days go by.  Monday I fell ill with the mother of all colds, Tuesday I started Japanese lessons and by Thursday my professor had me making simple, useful, grammatically correct sentences (she is a really fine teacher), and Friday we went to a France/Japan Kansai friendship society dinner.

But the best was yet to come.  Saturday was warm and sunny and staying home was simply out of the question.   So we took the subway to Osaka Castle Park, strolled about and stumbled upon the first signs of spring here in Osaka:  blooming plum trees.  



The plums precede the cherries.  Who knew?  But what a sight it was and I decided on the spot that I prefer the richer tones of the plum blossoms. 



Bon weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That first photo is just wonderful, Victoria!

Unknown said...

Your photos catch the Japanese aesthetic, which I love.

Victoria FERAUGE said...

Thanks, Lucy. Good luck in Washington!

@Iris - yes and there were tons of people using the same place for photos.